Adisadel College Dismisses Student Involved in Violent Dormitory Assault
Adisadel College has officially dismissed the student seen violently assaulting a junior in a viral video within the dormitory. The culprit, identified as a final year student, will not be allowed to continue attending the school and will solely write his final exams through the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
The school stated that the dismissal is pending the final decisions of both the school’s Board of Governors and the Ghana Education Service.
The incident, which took place on June 30, 2023, in Quaque house, came to light through the recently circulated video. In the footage, the senior holds the victim from behind and forcefully slams his face onto one of the bunk beds, causing immediate swelling on the impacted area while other students watch.
The affected student has been suspended, and disciplinary actions will also be taken against the individual who recorded the incident and other witnesses who failed to report it. Additionally, the house master and his deputy will face varying degrees of sanctions.
This decision comes after the Ghana Education Service (GES) issued a statement calling for the student’s suspension and involving the police due to the assault nature of the incident.
FULL STATEMENT: UPDATE AND INTERIM ACTION ON THE ASSAULT INCIDENT ON ADISADEL CAMPUS
* Pending final decision of Board of Governors and GES
The incident happened on the 30th of June, 2023 in Quaque house
1. The culprit will be outrightly dismissed and will have to write his exams at WAEC
2. The victim will also be suspended and will write his exams with parental escort.
3. The one who recorded the video will also be suspended externally for one week and also face internal suspension for another week.
4. The other students who were at the scene but did not intervene and also failed to report the incident will also face severe internal punishment.
5. The housemaster and his deputy will also be suspended immediately pending the outcome of the findings by GES